We lost our Gizmo.
A few days before Christmas of 2019, we had to say goodbye to our 3 year old, full of life and love, little cutie black and white Shihtzu named Gizmo. We were devastated, and there is not a single day that goes by that we don’t think of him and or miss him dearly.
One thing I wasn’t sure I could do was look at photos following his passing. But as the days went by I realized that the many photographed I had of him, were a true blessing. It wasn’t long after that I would be able to look at the many photos and videos of him, and laugh remembering the little things he used to do. He was a quirky little pup and he was full of life.
Read more about Gizmo here!
Gratitude for professional photographs.
Today, I am so grateful for all the many photographs I had taken of him. I’m a professional photographer, so it was a given that I would have amazing dog photos of him.
What I am most grateful for, is that I was able to use a few of the images and print them in a
large BIGGY size for my living room. See below a quick mock-up of the “proofs” before I printed them.
Had I not had the larger sized images (from an actual) camera, I would not have been able to print this large and get the same quality. These beauties are 24×36 inches. Check out the final product on my wall … here!
Here are 5 reasons why I think you should have a photo shoot with/of your pet.
- Unfortunately, they are only with us for a short time. And sometimes you don’t realize the importance of photos of/with them until they are gone.
- There is something so magical about getting your photos done with your pet or even just photos of your pet alone. Plus it’s WAY fun guys. And when you look at the photos, you get to relive how fun and loving they were.
- God sent them on earth to be our friends who give us unconditional love, and they are part of our families. They deserve good photographs too.
- With professional pet photos, you can ensure to have great photos you can use as art. (as I did and showed you above.)
- And lastly .. Aren’t memories priceless. From the time they enter our lives, chances are pretty good they change our lives for some better times/days .. heck some are even therapy for us. Although, professional photography is a bit of a luxury, once you have the photos done, you will have them for ever.
I hope this has inspired you to have a photo session with/of your pet/s.
All this to say, I have decided to also add Pet Photography to my portfolio.
Until next time … stay beautiful,