You hear everyday now about the importance of having an email list. It’s the one thing that we own, unlike the followers we have on social media which are not our own to use as we see fit.
In fact, social media followers could be gone tomorrow and they aren’t an accurate reflection of our ideal clients or people who are genuinely interested in our offers.
This is why we have to ensure that we are building that email list all the time and a great way to do that is to have a “freebie” or “lead magnet” that we can use to lead people into our email list.
Why should we use lead magnets and tripwires?
Every business owner should have something like this in their toolbox… It gives them that quick win or results that they so desperately need, providing value and leading them to trust you and what you have to offer.
While we are using this organic or advertising tactic to grow our email list, we need to be making money at the same time.
The beauty of making money this way is that it is easy and unexpected. I pretty much paid for my ad spend last year, just with my tripwires.
It’s usually a small amount of money ($7 or thereabouts) but it also represents a person becoming a customer for the first time ever and getting an introduction of what it is like to work with you and all the other value you have to offer.
In fact, research has shown that they are 70% more likely to buy from you again after this.
But I think a lot of us struggle to get our heads around what this is, what it should look like and how to get it to flow into our email list.
5 Simple Steps to Creating a Tripwire Funnel
I’m going to take you through the process in five simple steps to help you get clear on where it all fits into your marketing strategy.
- Create a freebie or lead magnet that provides value for your audience. In fact, I have a freebie that could help you further with this called How To Create a Lead Magnet that Converts.
- Add it to your website or use Leadpages (or a similar tool) to collect those email addresses with a simple sentence that shows the transformation your lead magnet will provide.
- Setup an email that gives them the freebie so that when they sign up, they receive it immediately. I usually save my freebies in a cloud like GoogleDrive or Dropbox so that it’s easy to integrate into a download and it’s free.
- Start sharing the link to your lead magnet or freebie right away on social media to start building that email list.
- It’s also important to keep nurturing them after that, so set up an email sequence after the freebie download that welcomes them, introduces yourself and what you do.
I recently had a discussion with Confidence Coach, Jana Corinne on this topic that goes into more detail. Catch it below!
If you are interested and would like to start making money without any extra effort or spend, I have the training you need to make it count!
My Lead Magnet and Tripwire Funnels Course will show you exactly how I generated 150+ tripwire sales of “surprise” money all whilst building my email list. This self-paced ONE-STOP-SHOP course was created with you in mind, to help you create a high converting lead magnet & tripwire offer so that you can start receiving cash injections in your business without having to think about it.