We all want growth on social media for our business, but what we almost always underestimate is the strategy and time that it takes behind-the-scenes to achieve it.
By now, we all realise that Instagram is the number one platform for entrepreneurial growth, but that means nothing if we don’t know how best to capitalise on that growth.
I had a discussion with Allison Scholes, a leading Instagram Coach and Podcaster, on my YouTube channel, Julie C Butler, to take a deep dive into how best to plan Instagram content so that you are in control of your time and intention.
According to Allison, the first place to start is with the three C’s:
- Clarity. You need to be crystal clear on your own brand, your audience and your intentions on Instagram (why are you there?).
- Creating content. I will explain this more in this blog.
- Consistency. You have to show up consistently, but consistency is not a one-size-fits-all approach, it’s about what works best for you and your audience.
It’s important to remember that what works for other coaches or entrepreneurs is not necessarily what will work for you. Only you can define your own clarity, intentions and consistency on Instagram based on your expert understanding of your audience and offering. Stop comparing yourself to others, it’s not helpful!
So let’s take a look at what planning your content for the month involves!
- Create a snapshot of the month on a calendar. Map out any public holidays and fill in any special events or offers.
- Decide on your monthly theme or focus. Make sure it links back to one of your brand pillars (what you want to be known for).
- Possibly map out a daily theme. In this way, you stick to your pillars but also bring your personality to the fore. It will feel less “planned” to your followers and maintain that authenticity that is such a selling point.
- Posting schedule and categories. This is where you decide how often you can actually commit to posting and then fill in the rest of your month’s calendar with broad category content ideas in line with your content plan so far.
- Batch your content weekly. Choose one day a week where you upload your graphics and captions to your preferred scheduling tool, and batch any reels or videos (that aren’t live). This will give you a good indication of what your grid will look like.
- Plan to repurpose content to other platforms with Google Sheets.
I’ve been using this content planning method for a few years now and it is incredible to see the conversions increase and time free up. I also make use of a virtual assistant team who help me free up even more time by implementing my content map.
If you want to watch my full discussion with Allison and pick up on some of her best practices through each step, watch the video below.
I love making life easier for fellow female entrepreneurs!
My Stock by Jewels membership includes photos of real female entrepreneurs doing life, as well as some helpful themed flat lays that are bound to resonate with your ideal client. What’s more is that I have included a bunch of amazing, easy to use Canva templates that you can repurpose for your business. New additions to both of these are added every month, meaning that the collection is always growing!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Immediate access to 5000+ unique and stylish stock images to beautify your brand.
- Unlimited monthly downloads so you have access to as many photos as you need.
- Huge variety of images featuring everything from lifestyle shots to flatlays including nature scenes, office settings, self care, family, nutrition, pets, seasonal shots and more!
- Versatile collections to fit all your needs including square photos for social media, horizontal shots that work perfectly for your website, and plenty of room to add text to your photos and communicate your message in style.
- 100+ new images added every month so you never run out of photos that represent your brand!
- Canva Templates to help you save time + help you build a high level brand style.
- Training videos to help you build and grow your business + audience & community.
MORE ABOUT MY STOCK BY JEWELS MEMBERSHIP
Lois Brown says
Can I get a copy of Allison’s slides please? Loisbnnp@columbus.rr.com Great information! can I also get a link to Melisa’s canva graphics
Thank you so much .. you can fin it here – PDF SLIDE DECK: http://bit.ly/asslides
You can also find link in YouTube info under the video
And here are Melissa’s templates: https://www.canva.com/p/graphicmaven/?fbclid=IwAR3K2kotB59KEMJS4XWPDCYCvZ0IE3AxVcZrQ_Yfor8DCEhUisYiCLK_0kQ